النباتات الليبية
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته...
أخي الزائر نتمنى منك التسجيل والانضمام إلينا...و بإذن الله ستجد لدينا كل مفيد ....شكرا لوقتك فزيارتك تشرفنا .

انضم إلى المنتدى ، فالأمر سريع وسهل

النباتات الليبية
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته...
أخي الزائر نتمنى منك التسجيل والانضمام إلينا...و بإذن الله ستجد لدينا كل مفيد ....شكرا لوقتك فزيارتك تشرفنا .
النباتات الليبية
هل تريد التفاعل مع هذه المساهمة؟ كل ما عليك هو إنشاء حساب جديد ببضع خطوات أو تسجيل الدخول للمتابعة.
النباتات الليبية

موسوعة النباتات الليبية

بحـث

نتائج البحث

Rechercher بحث متقدم

بحـث

نتائج البحث

Rechercher بحث متقدم

المواضيع الأخيرة
» أسئلة MCQs عن البيئة
Marine Chlorophyta of Benghazi Coasts, Libya I_icon_minitimeالأربعاء 02 أكتوبر 2013, 12:53 pm من طرف Prof.Dr.massoud godeh

» أسئلة MCQs عن التكاثر
Marine Chlorophyta of Benghazi Coasts, Libya I_icon_minitimeالأربعاء 02 أكتوبر 2013, 12:36 pm من طرف Prof.Dr.massoud godeh

» أسئلة MCQs عن الحركة
Marine Chlorophyta of Benghazi Coasts, Libya I_icon_minitimeالأربعاء 02 أكتوبر 2013, 12:21 pm من طرف Prof.Dr.massoud godeh

» أسئلة MCQs عن المواد الغذائية المخزنة
Marine Chlorophyta of Benghazi Coasts, Libya I_icon_minitimeالأربعاء 02 أكتوبر 2013, 12:14 pm من طرف Prof.Dr.massoud godeh

» أسئلة MCQs عن الصبغات
Marine Chlorophyta of Benghazi Coasts, Libya I_icon_minitimeالأربعاء 02 أكتوبر 2013, 12:05 pm من طرف Prof.Dr.massoud godeh

» أسئلة MCQs
Marine Chlorophyta of Benghazi Coasts, Libya I_icon_minitimeالخميس 19 سبتمبر 2013, 11:21 pm من طرف Prof.Dr.massoud godeh

» Marine Chlorophyta of Benghazi Coasts, Libya
Marine Chlorophyta of Benghazi Coasts, Libya I_icon_minitimeالأحد 02 ديسمبر 2012, 11:23 pm من طرف Prof.Dr.massoud godeh

» نصائح فى قواعد الدراسة
Marine Chlorophyta of Benghazi Coasts, Libya I_icon_minitimeالجمعة 25 نوفمبر 2011, 2:56 am من طرف أحمد علاء الدين

» طحلب كلادوفورا Cladophora
Marine Chlorophyta of Benghazi Coasts, Libya I_icon_minitimeالخميس 27 أكتوبر 2011, 12:31 pm من طرف Prof.Dr.massoud godeh

المواضيع الأخيرة
» أسئلة MCQs عن البيئة
Marine Chlorophyta of Benghazi Coasts, Libya I_icon_minitimeالأربعاء 02 أكتوبر 2013, 12:53 pm من طرف Prof.Dr.massoud godeh

» أسئلة MCQs عن التكاثر
Marine Chlorophyta of Benghazi Coasts, Libya I_icon_minitimeالأربعاء 02 أكتوبر 2013, 12:36 pm من طرف Prof.Dr.massoud godeh

» أسئلة MCQs عن الحركة
Marine Chlorophyta of Benghazi Coasts, Libya I_icon_minitimeالأربعاء 02 أكتوبر 2013, 12:21 pm من طرف Prof.Dr.massoud godeh

» أسئلة MCQs عن المواد الغذائية المخزنة
Marine Chlorophyta of Benghazi Coasts, Libya I_icon_minitimeالأربعاء 02 أكتوبر 2013, 12:14 pm من طرف Prof.Dr.massoud godeh

» أسئلة MCQs عن الصبغات
Marine Chlorophyta of Benghazi Coasts, Libya I_icon_minitimeالأربعاء 02 أكتوبر 2013, 12:05 pm من طرف Prof.Dr.massoud godeh

» أسئلة MCQs
Marine Chlorophyta of Benghazi Coasts, Libya I_icon_minitimeالخميس 19 سبتمبر 2013, 11:21 pm من طرف Prof.Dr.massoud godeh

» Marine Chlorophyta of Benghazi Coasts, Libya
Marine Chlorophyta of Benghazi Coasts, Libya I_icon_minitimeالأحد 02 ديسمبر 2012, 11:23 pm من طرف Prof.Dr.massoud godeh

» نصائح فى قواعد الدراسة
Marine Chlorophyta of Benghazi Coasts, Libya I_icon_minitimeالجمعة 25 نوفمبر 2011, 2:56 am من طرف أحمد علاء الدين

» طحلب كلادوفورا Cladophora
Marine Chlorophyta of Benghazi Coasts, Libya I_icon_minitimeالخميس 27 أكتوبر 2011, 12:31 pm من طرف Prof.Dr.massoud godeh

التبادل الاعلاني
التبادل الاعلاني

أهلا وسهلا بك زائرنا الكريم, أنت لم تقم بتسجيل الدخول بعد! يشرفنا أن تقوم بالدخول أو التسجيل إذا رغبت بالمشاركة في المنتدى

Marine Chlorophyta of Benghazi Coasts, Libya

اذهب الى الأسفل  رسالة [صفحة 1 من اصل 1]

1Marine Chlorophyta of Benghazi Coasts, Libya Empty Marine Chlorophyta of Benghazi Coasts, Libya الأحد 02 ديسمبر 2012, 11:23 pm

Prof.Dr.massoud godeh

Prof.Dr.massoud godeh
Admin

Garyounis University Press

Journal of Science and Its Applications

Vol. 4, No. 1, pp 7-13, December 2010

Marine Chlorophyta of Benghazi Coasts, Libya

M. M. Godeh; A. A. Said, M. M. Zarmouh and F. O. El-Menifi

[size=12][size=12][size=18][size=12][size=12]Botany Department, Faculty of Science, Garyounis University, Benghazi, Libya

ABSTRACT

Benghazi coasts extend more than 18 km. at Mediterranean Sea and very rich of marine green algae but there is no recent algal list related to that point. The present work was mainly intended to collect and study the marine green algal population of Benghazi coasts to enable other researches to evaluate their chemical composition, antimicrobial activities and economic importance. A total of 54 green algal species (17 genera) were recorded from many sampling stations along the wide coasts of Benghazi city to cover the study area. Eleven species of them were recorded at the study area for the first time as new records (20.37%).
Chaetomorpha, Cladophora, Codium, Enteromorpha and Ulva were the most dominant genera in this area. Many of them were safely edible and still needed to know more about their chemical composition. The comparison with other studies of Benghazi coasts at 1979 and 1992 (5 and 43 species, respectively) evaluated the progressive increase of the green algal flora. These results may be due to the drastic environmental conditions, the relatively pollution state and the different sampling program and anthropogenic activities.

Keywords: Marine algae; Chlorophyta; Benghazi coasts and Mediterranean Sea.

INTRODUCTION

Mediterranean Sea is one of the world's hotspots of marine species introductions. Four to five percent only of Mediterranean Sea flora and funa are introduced, in total more than 400 species (Boudouresque and Verlaque, 2002). The last survey marine algae of Benghazi coasts was made by Godeh,
et al., (1992) who recorded 43 marine green algal species (17 genera). They were very rich of economically important macromarine algae (Critchley et al., 1998) most of them contain high amounts of carbohydrates, protein, minerals (Rupe'rez and Saura-Calxto, 2001) low fat contents, few calories (Lahaye and Kae, 1997) and important source of minerals (Nisizawa et al., 1987) since, it is safely used as direct and indirect human food (Dawes, 1998) and some of them considered a great potential food source and present almost year round (Abdallah, 2007). Togan, (2002) and El-Gahmy (2007) evaluated some microbiological activities of some green algae of Benghazi coasts but more researches still needed to evaluate their economical importance and much remained to be learned. So, collaboration teamwork of Botany Department, Faculty of Science, Garyounis University, listed the green marine algae and matched it with those of Nizamuddin et al., (1979) and Godeh, et al., (1992) to make a recent Libyan algal data base as a first step to evaluate their chemical composition and antimicrobial activities.

EXPERIMENTAL

The Study area:

Benghazi city, a semi-enclosed area and its geographical location and main morphometric characteristics were illustrated at Fig. (1). It lies at 32° 03' 28.03'' N and 20° 02' 29.18'' E at the eastern Libyan coast (Cyrenaica). It characterized by long coasts at Mediterranean Sea reached about 18 Km., having many sandy and rocky shores with some scattered and very nearly small rocky islands. It also had big economic, commercial, military, fishing ports and many public beaches in addition to untreated or partly treated domestic wastes originated from the increasing population, the heavy maritime traffic, and the substantial industrial and agricultural activities have caused considerable pollution load.

Sampling and sample preparations:

Specimens were collected in ice tanks at polyethylene bags sprinkled with 4% formalin sea water solution for mounting on the herbarium sheets, glass bottles and some of them kept freshly at refrigerators for future use and subsequent taxonomic identification using Pampanini (1931), Nizamuddin
et al., (1979), Burrows (1991), Godeh, et al., (1992) and Aleem (1993). Epiphytes, impurities and salts removed carefully and quickly at laboratory with tap and distilled waters. The herbarium sheets have been deposited in the Herbarium of Botany Department, Garyounis University, Benghazi {CHUG nos. FM. 650; 651}. Longitudinal and transverse sections of the axis at the apexes, midfronds and the bases were hand made and stained in 1% KI2 or aniline blue solution.

Species richness:

Species richness index calculated according to Wilhm, (1975) just by direct count of different green algal species (taxa) at every sampling site where, the decrease in number of species and increase in number of individuals is a characteristic feature of polluted water.

RESULTS AND DISCUSSION

Regarding to species richness, a total of 54 marine green algal species (17 genera) of Benghazi coasts were identified, tabulated and matched in table (1) with the results of Nizamuddin
et al., (1979) and Godeh, et al., (1992), who recorded only 5 and 43 shared green algae, respectively. This comparison between them evaluated clearly progressive increase of green algae at Benghazi coasts. Eleven of the recorded algae (20.37%) were considered as new records.

Nowadays Benghazi coasts were mostly dominated by
Chaetomorpha, Cladophora, Codium, Enteromorpha and Ulva genera. They generally richer of green algae than the nearest eastern coasts of Derna, Susa and Tolmeta which had just 7, 18 and 6 green algal species, respectively (Said, et al., 2010). Godeh et. al., (2009) reported that, Tobruk and Ain-Ghazala coasts also had relatively few green algal species (14 and 9 species, respectively). More or less similar results (11 green algal species) were observed at Tukra coast (Said and Godeh, 2008).

Table (1): List of Chlorophyta of Benghazi coasts:

[/size]
[/size][/size]

Table (1): List of Chlorophyta of Benghazi coasts:

Chlorophyta

Godeh,

et al.,
(1992)

Nizamuddin
et al., (1979)

Acetabularia
Lamouroux 1817